The CliffsNotes study guide on Homer's Odyssey supplements the original literary work, giving you background information about the author, an introduction to the work, a graphical character map, critical commentaries, expanded glossaries, and a comprehensive index, all for you to use as an educational tool that will allow you to better understand the work. This study guide was written with the assumption that you have read Odyssey. Reading a literary work doesn’t mean that you immediately grasp the major themes and devices used by the author; this study guide will help supplement your reading to be sure you get all you can from Homer's Odyssey. CliffsNotes Review tests your comprehension of the original text and reinforces learning with questions and answers, practice projects, and more. For further information on Homer and Odyssey, check out the CliffsNotes Resource Center at www.cliffsnotes.com.
IN THIS AUDIOBOOK
- Learn about the Life and Background of Homer
- Hear an Introduction to Odyssey
- Explore themes, character development, and recurring images in the Critical Commentaries
- Learn new words from the Glossary at the end of each Chapter
- Examine in-depth Character Analyses
- Acquire an understanding of Odyssey with Critical Essays
- Reinforce what you learn to further your study online at www.cliffsnotes.com
About the Author - Stanley P. Baldwin, M.A.
Stanley P. Baldwin received his M.A. in English from the University of Kentucky. He is a writer and teacher living in Nebraska.
About the Narrator - Dan John Miller
Dan John Miller, multiple Audie finalist and Earphones award winner, has been named as a “Best Voice” by AudioFile magazine. He has acted in several films including Walk the Line and Leatherheads, and is the singer and songwriter for gothic country rock band Blanche. Dan has lived his entire life in the Detroit area and is married to the painter Tracee Mae Miller.